As the HR Manager, you can add place holder accounts, update employee statuses and salary and even terminate employees. Please use this guide to help navigate the Manage Employees page on your HR Dashboard.
From your HR Dashboard, you will click Manage Employees.
You will see this screen, which will be for your entire company's employee status. To edit or update a specific employee's status, click Edit on the right-hand side of the screen by that person's name.
Here, you can enter the employee's salary information and employment status (i.e. Active, Pending Continuation, COBRA, State Continuation, Retired, etc.).
There are 5 employment status options you can choose from:
- Active - Currently employed with your company
- COBRA - Separated from the company but still receiving benefits from them under the federal COBRA provisions
- State Continuation - Separated from the company but still receiving benefits from them under the applicable state continuation laws, similar to COBRA
- Pending Continuation - Recently separated from the company but within the eligibility period for electing COBRA or State Continuation benefits, whichever is applicable.
- Retired - Retired from the company, but still receiving benefits through your company pension plan.
- Disabled - Classified as disabled according to the ADA during his or her tenure at the company.
Once you have made the necessary updates or corrections, make sure to hit Save Employee for those changes to take effect.
This will not create an account for an employee, rather it will create a placeholder account for you and your insurance broker to aid in tracking who has not created their accounts.
You will enter in the following information for each employee to create placeholder accounts:
- Last 4 digits of the employee's social security number
- Last Name
- First Name
- Date of Birth (formatted as mm/dd/yyyy)
Once you click Save, the employees you have entered will now appear on your company's manage employees list with a status of No Account until the employees begin creating their accounts in FormFire.
If you would prefer to enter all employee's salary information at once rather than one at a time, you can click Salary Information.
You will be required to enter in each employee's salary, salary type, and the means that the income is reported by. You will not be able to save until each employee has a salary, salary type and income reported by entered. Once that information is complete, click Save.