Before entering open enrollment, you'll need to make sure all your groups have been added to the system. If the group already exists in FormFire but is not part of your book of business, all you need to do is perform a Broker Transfer. Otherwise, create the group using the following instructions.
Log into your FormFire account and choose Add Client from your Client Dashboard. It'll open a screen with multiple sections of information that require attention.
The first section is Employer Information. Fill in all required fields (look for the red asterisk *), paying special attention to providing a correct Tax ID.
The next areas are Enrollment Information & Coverage Selection.
- Enrollment Type: This should be New Enrollment for the first set up
- Enrollment Start & End Dates: This is the window of time you want the employees to fill out the employee interview. It's automatically set to a 90-day period but you can adjust that as needed. (HINT: Set your group end date a week AFTER the end date you communicate to your employees to make sure all needed information is captured during the Open Enrollment period.)
- Effective Date: The date coverage is set to begin
- Renewal Date: The date of coverage is set to renew
- Medical Health Questionnaire Type: All states except for Illinois should be set as default. Illinois has a slightly different requirement in the questions that are asked
- Pay Period: This determines how costs are calculated during the Assign Plans portion of Sell
- Number of Employees: Let us know how many Employees are in your group
Next, choose the lines of coverage your group will be offered by filling in the box. Coverage lines with blank boxes will not be options for the employees to select in their accounts.
The next area of importance is your Custom Enrollment Options.
- Require Employee Medical History: Defaulted on, this activates the Medical Health Questionnaire
- Require Employee Medical History When Waiving: Mandates that the Medical Health Questionnaire is completed (Only available when Require Employee Medical History is selected)
- Require Employee Life with Beneficiaries / Require Employee Total Household Income: Requires these fields are completed
- Show Employer Contribution: By default, only the Employee plan cost is shown in the Employee Interview. This option will also display the Employer Contribution
- Require Employee Plan Selection: The On/Off switch for turning on plan selection in the Employee Interview. (Only selectable once a plan has been assigned)
- Enable Employer Group Medical Questionnaire: Turns on the Employer Interview on the HR Dashboard
- Enable Employer 1095-C Compliance: Turns on Ben Admin/Compliance, accessible through the HR Dashboard. Please note this only assists employers in generating a 1095-C form, not a 1094 or 1095-B form.
The last required piece is the Broker Set Up. This area can be used to give permission to colleagues to manage this group.
The General Agent Setup area is used to store associated information, but is not required during Group creation.
You can access and edit any information on this page aside from the Tax ID, at any needed time.