A requirement for the Anthem for SOCA Benefit Plan is to attach a completed Employer Application with the Sold Group submission. The Employer Application is only available on the HR Dashboard and should be completed by the Client's HR Manager.
To access the Employer Application, click the brown Anthem SOCA ER Application button under Employer Medical Info.
The Employer Application is split into 6 sections. To learn more about a specific section, select a link below:
- Health Plan
- Employer Information
- Contribution Requirements
- Review Terms and Conditions
The HR Manager will be asked to select which health plan their group will be enrolling in with Anthem SOCA:
- Blue Access PPO
- Blue Access Options PPO (3-tier)
- Blue Access PPO with HSA
For the Group, the HR Manager will be asked to answer questions, such as…
- Name of Chamber
- Head of Firm and Title
- Administrative Contact, Title
- Additional Authorized Signer and Title
- If subject to a bargaining agreement
- If subject to COBRA
For the Group, the HR Manager be asked to enter:
- Number of full time Employees
- Total number of Employees (including part-time)
- Effective date of coverage for eligible Employees
- When new eligible enrollees will become effective
- HR Managers must select the eligibility waiting period to indicate when benefits become effective for new Employees. Classes of Employee may not have different waiting periods under the SOCA Benefit Plan.
- Should an Employer Group want to change its waiting period, contact Anthem and request the Ohio MEWA Administrative and Benefit Plan Change Authorization Form for instructions.
- If you are waiving the eligibility period for ALL existing Employees at the initial Group enrollment
- If you are a sole proprietor
Sole proprietors are eligible to participate in the SOCA Benefit Plan. However, due to regulator requirements, total sole proprietor membership cannot exceed 10% of the total membership of the plan.
According to the Anthem Producer Guide, the minimum Employer contribution is:
- At least 50% of the total cost for health benefits in the event the Employee has single benefits
- At least 25% of the total cost for health benefits chosen in the event the Employee has dependent benefits
- Failing to enter the correct Employer contributions will result in an error.
The Anthem for SOCA Benefit Plan recommends Employers establish rates for single and family rates to avoid discrimination.
Review Terms and Conditions
The HR Manager will have the ability to review the terms and conditions in this area.
If the HR Manager skip a section or even 1 question, the HR Manager won't have the ability to sign the Employer Application.
Once the entire application has been completed, the HR Manager will either type or draw their signature in this area.
Once all items have been completed, the HR Manager will click the orange Save button at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. This will ensure that the Employer Application has been completed and ready for you to send directly to Anthem.
NOTE: Any changes to the information in the Employer Application will require a new signature.