A requirement for the Anthem for SOCA Benefit Plan is to attach a completed Employer Application with the sold group submission. The Employer Application is only available on the HR Dashboard and should be completed by the group's HR Manager.
To access the Employer Application, click the brown Anthem SOCA ER Application button under Employer Medical Info.
The Employer Application will be split into 6 sections:
- Health Plan
- Employer Information
- Contribution Requirements
- Review Terms and Conditions
NOTE: To submit employee data for purposes of completing a Sold Group with Anthem SOCA, you must complete all information on this screen before sending forms to Anthem. However, if you need to leave this screen before completing, please click Save in order to save your progress.
The HR Manager will be asked to select which health plan their group will be enrolling in with Anthem SOCA:
- Blue Access PPO
- Blue Access Options PPO (3-tier)
- Blue Access PPO with HSA
For the group, the HR Manager will be asked to answer questions, such as…
- Name of Chamber
- Head of Firm and Title
- Administrative Contact, Title
- Additional Authorized Signer and Title
- If subject to a bargaining agreement
- If subject to COBRA
NOTE: Answering Yes will ask the HR Manager to add additional information.
For the group, the HR Manager be asked to enter:
- Number of full time employees
- Total number of employees (including part-time)
- Effective date of coverage for eligible employees
- When new eligible enrollees will become effective
- HR managers must select the eligibility waiting period to indicate when benefits become effective for new employees. Classes of employee may not have different waiting periods under the SOCA BP.
- FormFire will calculate the appropriate Effective Dates for new hires and dependents added during a qualifying life event (QLE) outside of Open Enrollment based on this eligibility information.
- Should an employer group want to change its waiting period, it also would be done from this page of the Employer Application. The broker should fax an updated copy of the application to Anthem’s Medical fax line at: 1-800-883-7919.
According to the Anthem Producer Guide, the minimum employer contribution is:
- At least 50% of the total cost for health benefits in the event the employee has single benefits
- At least 25% of the total cost for health benefits chosen in the event the employee has dependent benefits
- Failing to enter the correct employer contributions will result in an error.
The Anthem for SOCA BP recommends employers establish rates for single and family rates to avoid discrimination
Review Terms and Conditions
The HR Manager will have the ability to review the terms and conditions in this area.
If the HR Manager skip a section or even 1 question, the HR Manager won't have the ability to sign the Employer Application.
Once the entire application has been completed, the HR Manager will either type or draw their signature in this area.
Once all items have been completed, the HR Manager will click the orange Save button at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. This will ensure that the Employer Application has been completed and ready for you to send directly to Anthem.
NOTE: Any changes to the information in the Employer Application will require a new signature.