If your Group already exists in FormFire but is not part of your book of business, all you need to do is perform a Broker Transfer. Otherwise, create the Group using the following instructions.
Log into your FormFire account and choose + Add Client from your Client Dashboard. This opens a screen with multiple sections of information that require attention.
The first section is Employer Information. Add basic information for your Group as well as:
- Pay Period
- Number of Employees
- Continuation Eligibility
- Employer Options
Fill in all required fields (look for the red asterisk * ), paying special attention to providing a correct Tax ID.
This section allows you to Open or Close FormFire with a single click of a button as well as set up your Group's workflow. Some information is pre-filled in this section. Not to worry! You can edit anything you see here, depending on your Group's needs.
When entering this information, make sure to do the following:
- Update all dates for the current year
- Choose the correct workflow
- Add the correct Workflow Options you need
- Select all coverage lines that you need for your Group
Now we're going to look at each area of Workflow Options a bit closer. First up is the Open & Close area.
Here, you'll be able to enter in dates for the following:
- Open Date
- Close Date
- Effective Date
- Renewal Date
You can enter all four dates listed manually. You also can select the Open FormFire and Close FormFire buttons as well to change these two dates. Choosing Open populates today's date and set the Close Date to 30 days in the future. While choosing Close populates today's date. Also- make sure that the Effective Date is AFTER the Close Date!
Let's head to the Choose Workflow area next.
Select what workflow you need for you Group - either Pre-Screen (Quoting) or Plan Selection + Pre-Screen (Sold Group). Employees see a specific landing page when they log into their accounts based on your selection here!
The next area of importance is Pre-Screen and Plan Selection Workflow Options.
Add any additional options you'd like to your Client based on the workflow you selected above!
- Require Employee Medical History: Defaulted on, this activates the Medical Health Questionnaire.
- Require Employee Medical History When Waving: This option should be used if you have a Carrier that requires medical information, even from those waiving coverage.
- Require Employee Total Household Income: This option will require Employees to fill out their Total Household Income.
- Require Employee Life with Beneficiaries: When Employers offer 100% Employer-paid life insurance coverage, Brokers should check this option. This requirement is in addition to checking Life under Coverage Line Options. By selecting these options, the Employee Interview automatically selects Life coverage for the Employees and require them to enter a designated beneficiary.
- Show Employer Contribution: By default, only the Employee plan cost is shown in the Employee Interview. This option will display the Employer Contribution.
Lastly, in this section, is Coverage Line Options. Just add a checkmark to the coverage lines that your Group will offer to the Employees. Those with blank boxes won't be options for the Employees to select in their accounts.
The last required piece is the Broker Setup. This area can be used to give permission to colleagues to manage this Group.
There are 3 Team Member options:
- Team Member 1: Should be the main Broker or agent of record from your Agency for this Client. This field is required in order to save your Group in FormFire. (It's noted with a red asterisk * )
- Team Member 2: Can be a backup contact or secondary agent.
- Team Member 3: Can be either a service representative or secondary agent.
The General Agent Setup area is used to store associated information, but is not required during Group creation.
Make sure to select the Save button at the top of your screen for your Group to be saved in FormFire.
If you need to edit or view your Group once added, just find the Group in question on your Client Dashboard and select Client Details from the orange context menu. You can access and edit any information on this page aside from the Tax ID, at any needed time.