The following article explains the general process for sending Prescreen or quoting information to a Carrier, this includes sending Carriers a Medically Underwritten Quote (MHQs).
Select any of the links below to view a specific topic:
- Prescreen submission basic requirements
- Submitting forms through FormFire
- What the Carrier contact receives
Prescreen submission basic requirements
Prescreen and quoting requirements will vary per Carrier. It's helpful to ensure the basic requirements below are met to enable data sending through FormFire.
- The Group must display a Complete Employee Status on your Client Dashboard
- Save contact information for all Carriers you’ll use in the Underwriters page (Will save you time in the long run! Click here for more information)
- If required by the Carrier, have the HR Manager fill out information in the Employer Group Medical Questionnaire (This will be on the HR Manager's Dashboard. Click here for more information)
- Activate DALs for your Group in order to submit to the Carrier
Once those basic requirements are met, you'll then be able to submit the completed applications to any Carrier you'll be quoting this Group . However, FormFire recommends that you consult your contacts at the Carriers you work with for any specific requirements they may have for quoting.
Submitting forms through FormFire
Find the completed Group on your Client Dashboard. Then, open the orange context menu and select Send Forms.
Now, you can set up the Prescreen submission for your Group .
For any submission, you’ll select the following:
- The Submission Type – in this case, it will be Prescreen
- The Carrier for the current submission
- The Form for the current submission
Remember, forms with a prepended "~" will NOT map any medical conditions!
Turn on or off the coverage lines needed for this specific submission in the Coverage Lines to include area.
If you need to add any notes regarding your submission to the Carrier, you can do so here in Notes for Carrier. This will be added to the email that the Carrier receives.
If you need to add any additional required documents (Ex. Employer wage and tax documents) for your Prescreen submission, select the blue Upload Additional File button. You can also attach files into the Document Center and they'll automatically populate here.
Make sure to select the File Type from the drop-down menu.
In the Recipient section, if you saved a contact in the Underwriters section of the site for a Carrier, you’ll be able to select them from a drop-down menu here.
If you didn’t save a contact in the Underwriters section of the site, you’ll enter the following items:
- First Name of the Carrier contact
- Last Name of the Carrier contact
- Email Address of the Carrier contact
- A password
The Carbon Copy section is optional and is reserved for only one additional address. The Carbon Copy uses the same password as the Carrier contact.
At this point, select the Send Forms button on the screen.
Then, a Confirm Send Forms pop-up menu appears, allowing you to review the attachments you're submitting in addition to the Employees' forms.
- If you need to add or remove any of the attachments, select Cancel.
- If the attachments are correct, select Send Forms.
What the Carrier contact receives
The Carrier receives an email with a link to access your Group’s forms as well as any attachments you sent to them.
After the link is selected, the contact is directed to a page where the password is needed to download the Group’s forms as well as the attachments.
The Carrier will then review all the information sent and contact you outside of FormFire with the official quote documentation for your Group or if they have any additional questions.