If your Client (Group) already exists in FormFire but is not part of your book of business, all you need to do is perform a Broker Transfer. Otherwise, create the Client using the following instructions.
Log into your FormFire account and choose + Add Client from your Client Dashboard. This opens a screen with multiple sections of information that require attention.
The first section is Employer Information. Here, you'll enter basic information on your Client but also:
- Pay Period
- Number of Employees
- Continuation Eligibility
- Employer Options
Fill in all required fields (look for the red asterisk * ), paying special attention to providing a correct Tax ID.
In Workflow Dates, you will define parameters for the Workflow periods: Prescreen, Plan Selection, and QLE (Qualifying Life Events). These parameters tell the Employee Interview when to start and end. The Employee Interview is modified by the Workflow Options.
When entering this information, make sure you do the following:
- Update all dates for the current year
- Configure the Workflow Options required for the Client’s enrollment
- Select all coverage lines that are offered to the Client.
- Effective Date: Coverage benefits officially become active on this date. The QLE Workflow period also becomes active on this date.
- Renewal Date: Used by some Carrier Forms and the Upcoming Renewals report.
Prescreen Open Date: The Prescreen Workflow period starts on this date. Employees can log in to FormFire to fill out the MHQ survey.
- Prescreen Close Date: The Prescreen Workflow period ends on this date. Employees can no longer make changes to the MHQ survey.
- Plan Selection Open Date: The Plan Selection Workflow period starts on this date. Employees can log in to FormFire, select their plan benefits, and if necessary, edit their MHQ survey.
- Plan Selection Close Date: The Plan Selection Workflow period ends on this date. Employee plan selections are finalized and locked. No further changes can be made until the QLE Workflow period activates.
The next area of importance is Prescreen and Plan Selection Workflow Options. These options tell the Workflow what medical health information to show and require during the Employee Interview.
Add any additional options you'd like to your Client based on the Workflow you selected above!
- Require Employee Medical History: Defaulted on, this option activates the Medical Health Questionnaire.
- Require Employee Medical History When Waving: This option should be used if you have a Carrier that requires medical information, even from those waiving coverage.
- Require Employee Total Household Income: This option will require Employees to fill out their Total Household Income.
- Require Employee Life with Beneficiaries: When Employers offer 100% Employer-paid life insurance coverage, Brokers should check this option. This requirement is in addition to checking Life under Coverage Line Options. By selecting these options, the Employee Interview automatically selects Life coverage for the Employees and requires them to enter a designated beneficiary.
- Require Employee STD: When Employers offer 100% Employer-paid STD coverage, Brokers should check this option. This requirement is in addition to checking Short-Term Disability under Coverage Line Options. By selecting this option, the Employee Interview automatically selects STD coverage for the Employees and requires them to enter a designated beneficiary.
- Require Employee LTD: When Employers offer 100% Employer-paid LTD coverage, Brokers should check this option. This requirement is in addition to checking Long-Term Disability under Coverage Line Options. By selecting this option, the Employee Interview automatically selects LTD coverage for the Employees and requires them to enter a designated beneficiary.
- Show Employer Contribution: By default, only the Employee plan cost is shown in the Employee Interview. This option will display the Employer Contribution.
- Show Plan Selections: Defaulted on, this option will automatically activate if you add Plan Selection Open Date and Close Date.
Lastly, in this section, is Coverage Line Options. Just add a checkmark to the coverage lines that your Client will offer to the Employees. Those with blank boxes won't be options for the Employees to select in their accounts.
The last required piece is the Broker Setup. This area can be used to give permission to colleagues to manage this Client.
You'll see we have 3 Team Member options:
- Team Member 1: Should be the main Broker or agent of record from your Agency for this Client. This field is required in order to save your Client in FormFire. (It's noted with a red asterisk * )
- Team Member 2: Can be a backup contact or secondary agent
- Team Member 3: Can be either a service representative or secondary agent
The General Agent Setup area is used to store associated information but is not required during Client creation. Remember to Save after making changes.
Once you have added your client, click the orange context menu on your Client Dashboard and select Client Details.
Here, scroll down until you see the MEWA Info section. Select Missouri Chamber Federation from the drop-down menu and your General Agent will be listed below. Remember to click Save!
NOTE: If you don’t see your General Agent listed under General Agency Access, please contact our Customer Support Team!