All-encompassing steps that will guide you through the quoting and enrollment process in FormFire. You can also watch this video walkthrough.
IN THIS GUIDE
- Add your Client
- Add Employees
- Manage Forms
- Employer Communication
- Prepare Prescreen
- Send Prescreen
- Assign Plans
- Plan Selection: 2 options
- Group Plan Assign
- Prepare Sold Group
- Send Sold Group
1) Add your Client
If your Client is already in FormFire, you can skip this section. Otherwise, add them in FormFire. Learn how to add Clients in FormFire.
- Go to the Client Dashboard.
- Select the ‘+Add Client’ button.
- Enter employer information.
- Choose Workflow Options (open/close dates, Prescreen/Workflow, coverage lines).
- Set up Broker information under Broker Setup.
If you get a message saying that the Tax ID is already in use, the Client may already exist in FormFire under a different book of business. Learn what to do if a Client’s Tax ID is already in use.
2) Add Employees
Manually add Employees to your Client. All you need is the Employee’s first and last name, date of birth, and last 4 of SSN. Learn how to add Employees.
- Go to your Client’s Employee List.
- Select the ‘+Add Employee’ button.
- Enter the Employee’s first and last name, last 4 digits of SSN, date of birth, and email address (optional).
- Select the ‘Save Employees’ button.
You can also import Employees with our preloading template. Learn how to use our preloading template.
- Go to your Client’s Employee List
- Select the ‘Upload Census’ button.
- On the Load Census File page, download the Excel Preloading Template.
- Open the template and enter the first and last name, last 4 digits of SSN, date of birth, and email address (optional) for every Employee you want to add. (Be sure to start on Cell B4 of the template or you will receive error messages)
- Save the file to your computer’s “Downloads” folder.
- Go back to the Load Census File page.
- Choose the file and upload.
If an Employee is unable to manage their own account, you can create one for them on their behalf. Keep in mind, the Employee will not be able to log into this account at any time. Only the Broker who created it will have access. Learn how to create an Employee account.
3) Manage Forms
Assign forms to your Clients so the Employer and Employees can review their information before signing and submitting their applications. Learn how to assign forms to Clients.
- Go to Manage Forms.
- Select the ‘+Add Forms’ button.
- You can add Employee or Employer forms.
4) Employer Communication
When ready, send Welcome Letters to the HR Manager and Employees. This will allow them to create their accounts online. Learn how to use Employer Communications.
- Go to your Client’s Employer Communications.
- Choose the letter type.
- Set the recipient to ‘HR only’ or ‘HR & Employees’.
- Select the ‘Send’ button.
5) Prepare Prescreen
- Add Carrier contact info in Underwriter. Learn how to save Carrier contact information.
- Verify all Employees are listed as complete. Learn how to view Client and Employee statuses.
- Send Application Reminder Letters if necessary. Learn how to use Employer Communications to send Application Reminder Letters.
- Preview Forms: Generate forms with pre-populated info from Employee accounts on Carrier form. Learn how to preview forms for a Client.
6) Send Prescreen
Once the group is complete, submit forms to the Carrier for Prescreen quotes. Learn how to submit forms to a Carrier for quotes.
- Go to Send Forms.
- Select Prescreen/Carrier/Form.
- Verify that the correct coverage lines are checked.
- Add note for Carrier if necessary.
- Choose a Carrier from the RECIPIENT dropdown.
- Send a carbon copy (optional).
- If a password is added, BR provides Carrier with pw OUTSIDE of FF.
- Send forms.
*For multiple submissions to different Carriers, repeat the process.
7) Assign Plans
Once Carrier plans and pricing are received, assign plans to the Client for Plan Selection. Learn how to assign plans for Plan Selection.
- Go to Manage Plans.
- Select the ‘Assign Plan’ button.
- Search and use filters to find the desired plans in the dropdown box.
- Choose the plan and select the ‘Next’ button.
- Customize plan (optional): Add a custom name and description that Employees will see when they complete the interview.
- Pricing Structure:
- Enter plan rating and employer contribution.
- Select rating for specific plan (age-banded or composite).
- Select ER contribution.
- Select the ‘Next’ when done.
- Load Rates:
- Add Quote Rate (premiums) without deductions that the Carrier provided.
- Select the ‘Finish’ button when done.
*For multiple plans for different Carriers, repeat the process.
After all plans are assigned, go to Client Details and verify the Client’s pay period and make sure the correct one is selected.
- Go to your Client’s Client Details.
- Verify the correct pay period is selected.
- Scroll down to Workflow Options and choose Plan Selection + Pre-Screen.
- Select the ‘Save’ button when done.
8) Plan Selection: 2 options
- Employee selects plans themselves: This is done when multiple plans are loaded into FormFire by the Broker in Assign Plans (see above- section 7).
- Broker selects plans: This is done when the employer is only offering one plan under Group Plan Assign (see below- section 9).
9) Group Plan Assign
Once Carrier plans and pricing quotes are obtained, assign the plan(s) and set up the pricing. Learn how to use Group Plan Assign.
- Go to Group Plan Assign.
- Add plans if not already done.
- Under Assign to Employees, check the box next to each Employee choosing to be covered (do not check the ones who are waiving). If there are multiple plans, select the correct plan chosen by the Employee.
- Select the ‘Complete Plan Assignment’ after plans are assigned.
- A Confirmation Notice will appear. Select the ‘Complete’ button to finish and begin the Sold Group submission.
10) Prepare Sold Group
- Add Underwriters if not already done. Learn how to add Underwriters.
- Make sure all Employees are complete. If not, send Application Reminder Letters. Learn how to send Application Reminder Letters.
- Use the Document Center to store and share files between Brokers and HR Managers in FormFire. Learn how to add upload files to the Document Center.
- Review Employee info on specific Employee forms (just like Prescreen). Learn how to preview Employee forms.
- Run the Plan Selection Report if you want to view Employee plan selections and Employer contributions. Learn how to use the Plan Selection Report.
11) Send Sold Group
Once the Client has completed the Plan Selection process. Learn how to send Forms to Carriers.
- Go to Send Forms.
- Choose ‘Sold Group’ as the submission type and choose the correct Carrier and Form for the submission.
- Check the box by the necessary coverage lines to include.
- Add notes for Carrier (optional).
- Attach any additional documents required by the Carrier and make sure the box is checked (select the ‘Upload Additional File’ button). Any files previously uploaded into the Document Center will automatically populate.
- Select Recipient (if not saved in Underwriters, enter the following Carrier contact info: first/last name, email, password). Carbon Copy is optional and uses the same password as the Carrier contact.
Select the ‘Send Forms’ button.
- A Confirm Send Forms notice will appear. Select the ‘Send Forms’ button when you’re ready to submit.
- The Carrier will receive an email with your submission and contact the Broker outside of FormFire.