If your Client (Group) already exists in FormFire but is not part of your book of business, all you need to do is perform a Broker Transfer. Otherwise, create the Client using the following instructions.
Log into your FormFire account and choose + Add Client from your Client Dashboard. This opens a screen with multiple sections of information that require attention.
The first section is Employer Information. Add basic information for your Client as well as:
- Pay Period
- Number of Employees
- Continuation Eligibility
- Employer Options
Fill in all required fields (look for the red asterisk * ), paying special attention to providing a correct Tax ID.
In Workflow Dates, you will define parameters for the Workflow periods: Prescreen, Plan Selection, and QLE (Qualifying Life Events). These parameters tell the Employee Interview when to start and end. The Employee Interview is modified by the Workflow Options.
The following date fields control when Workflow periods.
- Always required
- Effective Date: Coverage benefits officially become active on this date. The QLE Workflow period also becomes active on this date.
- Renewal Date: Used by some Carrier Forms and the Upcoming Renewals report.
- Required to do Enrollment in the Employee Interview
- Prescreen Open Date: The Prescreen Workflow period starts on this date. Employees can log in to FormFire to fill out the MHQ survey.
- Prescreen Close Date: The Prescreen Workflow period ends on this date. Employees can no longer make changes to the MHQ survey.
- Required to do Plan Selection in the Employee Interview
- Plan Selection Open Date: The Plan Selection Workflow period starts on this date. Employees can log in to FormFire, select their plan benefits, and if necessary, edit their MHQ survey.
- Plan Selection Close Date: The Plan Selection Workflow period ends on this date. Employee plan selections are finalized and locked. No further changes can be made until the QLE Workflow period activates.
The next area of importance is Prescreen and Plan Selection Workflow Options. These options tell the Employee Medical Health Questionnaire Workflow what information to show and require during the Employee Interview.
NOTE: Workflow Options DO NOT affect the Employee’s ability to request changes outside of Enrollment if they are a new hire or have a qualifying life event.
- Require Employee Medical History: This option will activate the collection of medical conditions within Medical Health Questionnaire (MHQ).
- Normally used for both Prescreen and Plan Selection if quoting or enrolling in underwritten products. Consider using for QLE as well to expedite the following year's enrollment process.
- Require Employee Medical History When Waiving: This option will require Employees to fill out the medical information within the MHQ, even if they or their dependents are waiving coverage.
- Using this option for Prescreen, Plan Selection, and QLE could help expedite the following year’s enrollment process.
- Require Employee Total Household Income: This option will require Employees to enter their total household income. Total household income is used to determine eligibility and the premium for ACA plans.
- Only used in special cases for Prescreen. Not normally used unless you want to provide this information to Employees.
- Require Employee Life with Beneficiaries: This option will automatically enroll Employees in Life coverage and require them to enter a designated beneficiary.
- Normally used for Plan Selection if the Employer is offering 100% Employer-paid life insurance coverage.
- Needed if the ‘Life’ Coverage Line Option is enabled.
- Require Employee STD: This option will automatically enroll Employees in Short Term Disability (STD) coverage and require them to enter a designated beneficiary.
- Normally used for Plan Selection if the Employer is offering 100% Employer-paid STD coverage.
- Needed if the ‘Short-Term Disability’ Coverage Line Option is enabled.
- Require Employee LTD: This option will automatically enroll Employees in Long Term Disability (LTD) coverage and require them to enter a designated beneficiary.
- Normally used for Plan Selection if the Employer is offering 100% Employer-paid LTD coverage.
- Needed if the ‘Long-Term Disability’ Coverage Line Option is enabled.
- Show Employer Contribution: This option will display the Employer Contribution.
- Normally used for Plan Selection if the Employer would like their Employees to see how much the Employer contributes to the plan. Not typically needed otherwise.
- Show Plan Selections: This option will determine whether plans are displayed for the Group.
- If the Plan Selection Open Date and Close Date are provided, this option will always be enabled for Plan Selection.
Coverage Line Options
Lastly, in this section, is Coverage Line Options. Just add a checkmark to the coverage lines that your Client will offer to the Employees. Those with blank boxes won't be options for the Employees to select in their accounts.
The last required piece is the Broker Setup. This area can be used to give permission to colleagues to manage this Client.
There are 3 Team Member options:
- Team Member 1: Should be the main Broker or agent of record from your Agency for this Client. This field is required in order to save your Client in FormFire. (It's noted with a red asterisk * )
- Team Member 2: Can be a backup contact or secondary agent
- Team Member 3: Can be either a service representative or secondary agent
The General Agent Setup area is used to store associated information but is not required during Client creation. Make sure to Save after making changes.
If you need to edit or view your Client once added, just find the Client in question on your Client Dashboard and select Client Details from the orange context menu. You can access and edit any information on this page aside from the Tax ID, at any needed time.
Article is closed for comments.