If your client (group) already exists in FormFire but is not part of your book of business, all you need to do is perform a Broker Transfer. Otherwise, create the client using the following instructions.
Log into your FormFire account and choose Add Client from your Client Dashboard. It'll open a screen with multiple sections of information that require attention.
The first section is Employer Information. Here, you'll enter in basic information on your client but also:
- Pay Period
- Number of Employees
- Continuation Eligibility
- Employer Options
Fill in all required fields (look for the red asterisk * ), paying special attention to providing a correct Tax ID.
This section will allow you to Open or Close FormFire with a single click of a button as well as set up your client's workflow. You'll see that there's some pre-filled information here. Not to worry! You can edit anything you see here, depending on your client's needs.
When entering this information, make sure to do the following:
- Update all dates for the current year
- Choose the correct workflow
- Add the correct Workflow Options you need
- Select all coverage lines that you need for your client
Now we're going to look at each area of Workflow Options a bit closer. First up is our Open & Close area.
Here, you'll be able to enter in dates for the following:
- Open Date
- Close Date
- Effective Date
- Renewal Date
You can enter all four dates listed manually. You also can click the Open FormFire and Close FormFire buttons as well to change these two dates. Choosing Open will populate today's date and set the Close Date to 30 days in the future. While choosing Close will populate today's date. Also- make sure that the Effective Date is AFTER the Close Date!
Let's head to the Choose Workflow area next.
Here, you can select what workflow you need for you client- either Pre-Screen (Quoting) or Plan Selection + Pre-Screen (Sold Group). We'll show the employees a specific landing page when they log into their accounts based on your selection here!
The next area of importance is Pre-Screen and Plan Selection Workflow Options.
Here you can add any additional options you'd like to your client based on the workflow you selected above!
- Require Employee Medical History: Defaulted on, this activates the Medical Health Questionnaire.
- Require Employee Medical History When Waving: This option should be used if you have a Carrier that requires medical information, even from those waiving coverage.
- Require Employee Total Household Income: This option will require employees to fill out their Total Household Income.
- Require Employee Life with Beneficiaries: When employers offer 100% employer-paid life insurance coverage, Brokers should check this option. This requirement is in addition to checking Life under Coverage Line Options. By selecting these options, the Employee Interview will automatically enroll employees in life coverage and require them to enter a designated beneficiary.
- Show Employer Contribution: By default, only the employee plan cost is shown in the Employee Interview. This option will also display the Employer Contribution.
Lastly in this section is Coverage Line Options. Just add a checkmark to the coverage lines that your client will offer to the employees. Those with blank boxes won't be options for the employees to select in their accounts.
The last required piece is the Broker Setup. This area can be used to give permission to colleagues to manage this client.
You'll see we have 3 Team Member options:
- Team Member 1: Should be the main Broker or agent of record from your agency for this client. This field is required in order to save your client in FormFire. (It's noted with a red asterisk * )
- Team Member 2: Can be a backup contact or secondary agent
- Team Member 3: Can be either a service representative or secondary agent
The General Agent Setup area is used to store associated information, but is not required during client creation.
Make sure that you click the blue Save button at the top of your screen for your client to be saved in FormFire.
If you need to edit or view your client once added, just find the client in question on your Client Dashboard and select Client Details from the orange context menu. You can access and edit any information on this page aside from the Tax ID, at any needed time.