The following article explains the general process for sending enrollment information to a Carrier. Sold Group submission requirements will vary per Carrier. It's helpful to ensure the conditions below are met to enable data sending.
NOTE: Video does not contain audio!
Sold Group submission basic requirements
- The client must display a Complete Employee Status on your Client Dashboard
- Save underwriters for all Carriers you’ll use in the Underwriters page (Will save you time in the long run! Click here for more information)
- If required by the Carrier, have the HR Manager fill out information in the Employer Group Medical Questionnaire (This will be on the HR Manager's Dashboard. Click here for more information)
- Activate DALs for your client in order to submit to the Carrier (This will only be a requirement if you didn’t send a Prescreen submission for this client)
Once those requirements are met, you'll then be able to submit the completed applications to the Carrier.
Submitting forms through FormFire
Click the orange context menu box on your Client Dashboard and select Send Forms.
Now, you can set up the Sold Group submission for your client.
For any submission you’ll select the following
- Select the Submission Type – in this case, it will be Sold Group
- Select the Carrier for the current submission
- Select the Form for the current submission
Remember, forms with a prepended "~" will NOT map any medical conditions!
Turn on or off the coverage lines needed for this specific submission in the Coverage Lines to include area.
If you need to add any notes regarding your submission to the Carrier, you can do so here in Notes for Carrier. This will be added to the email that the Carrier receives.
If you need to add any additional required documents (Ex. Employer wage and tax documents) for your Sold Group submission, click the blue Upload Additional File button. You can also attach files into the Document Center and they'll automatically populate here.
Make sure to select the File Type from the drop-down menu.
In the Recipient section, if you saved a contact in the Underwriters section of the site for a Carrier, you’ll be able to select them from a drop-down menu here.
If you didn’t save a contact in the Underwriters section of the site, you’ll enter the following items:
- First Name of the Carrier contact
- Last Name of the Carrier contact
- Email Address of the Carrier contact
- A password
The Carbon Copy section is optional and is reserved for only one additional address. The Carbon Copy uses the same password as the Carrier contact.
At this point, click the orange Send Forms button on the screen.
Then, a Confirm Send Forms pop-up menu will appear that allows you to review the attachments you're submitting in addition to the employees' forms.
- If you need to add or remove any of the attachments, click Cancel.
- If the attachments are correct, click Send Forms.
What the Carrier contact receives
The Carrier receives an email with a link to access your client’s forms as well as any attachments you sent to them.
After the link is clicked, the contact is directed to a page where the password is needed to download the client’s forms as well as the attachments.
The Carrier will then review all the information sent and contact you outside of FormFire to inform you that your client has been successfully enrolled or if they have any additional questions.