The following article explains the process for sending enrollment information to Humana. It's helpful to discuss requirements with your contact at Humana to ensure a complete submission.
Click the links below to view a specific topic:
Sold Group submission basic requirements
- The Client must display a Complete Employee Status on your Client Dashboard
- If required by the Humana, have the HR Manager fill out information in the Employer Group Medical Questionnaire (This will be on the HR Manager's Dashboard. Click here for more information)
- Activate DALs for your Client in order to submit to Humana (This will only be a requirement if you didn’t send a Prescreen submission for this Client)
Once those requirements are met, you'll then be able to submit the completed applications to Humana.
Submitting forms through FormFire
Click the orange context menu on your Client Dashboard and select Send Forms.
Now, you can set up the Sold Group submission for your Client. For the submission you’ll select the following:
- The Submission Type – in this case, select Sold Group
- The Carrier – in this case, select Humana
- The Form for the current submission
Remember, forms with a prepended "~" will NOT map any medical conditions!
Turn on or off the coverage lines needed for this specific submission in the Coverage Lines to include area.
If you need to add any notes regarding your submission to Humana, you can do so here in Notes for Carrier. This will be added to the email that Humana receives.
You'll see that the Effective Date for your Client listed under Carrier Requirements.
If you need to add any additional required documents (Ex. Employer wage and tax documents) for your Sold Group submission, click the blue Upload Additional File button. You can also attach files into the Document Center and they'll automatically populate here.
Make sure to select the File Type from the drop-down menu.
In the Recipient section, you'll see that the contact information has been pre-filled for you. The First Name, Last Name and Email address fields should be left as-is to ensure delivery to Humana. But you'll need to create a password.
The Carbon Copy section is optional and is reserved for only one additional address. The Carbon Copy uses the same password that you create for Humana.
At this point, select the Send Forms button on the screen.
Then, a Confirm Send Forms pop-up menu will appear that allows you to review the attachments you're submitting in addition to the Employees' forms.
- If you need to add or remove any of the attachments, select Cancel.
- If the attachments are correct, select Send Forms.
What Humana receives
Humana receives an email with a link to access your Client’s forms as well as any attachments you sent to them.
After the link is clicked, the contact is directed to a page where the password is needed to download the Client’s forms as well as the attachments.
Humana will then review all the information sent and contact you outside of FormFire to inform you that your Client has been successfully enrolled or if they have any additional questions.