How do I transfer a Client to my Agency using the online Broker Transfer Form?
Have an authorized representative of the Client complete the online Broker Transfer Form. This form must be completed, electronically signed and submitted by the Client's authorized representative only. Please note that Broker submitted forms will be rejected.
Send the authorized representative the following link to access the form:
This link is also available to Brokers under Broker Resources > Broker Transfer Request.
Who is considered an authorized representative?
We consider the Client's Human Resources (HR) contact to be the authorized representative. There are circumstances where someone else may be the signer (e.g., company owner, etc.); however, FormFire will only send the confirmation email to a user with a FormFire account associated with that company.
What is the transfer process?
We enter all requests in FormFire within one business day. Then, the transfer will be subjected to our mandatory waiting periods before the Client transfers to the new Agency. The waiting periods are determined by how the transfer was initiated:
- If a transfer was initiated by a Broker from within the Broker Portal, the mandatory waiting period is five business days.
- If a transfer was initiated by the authorized representative at a Client from the online Broker Transfer form, the mandatory waiting period is two business days.
An automated notification is then sent to the Client, the incumbent Broker, and the new Broker.
Please note that the account WON'T transfer unless the Client acknowledges the confirmation link in the email notification.
Why is there a mandatory waiting period?
The mandatory waiting periods are designed to ensure that the incumbent Broker can complete any pending business with the Client. After the transfer takes place, that Broker no longer has access to the Client's data.
Can the waiting period be waived?
Yes. The waiting period can be waived if:
- The incumbent Broker waives the waiting period by clicking a link in the notification email
- If the Client exists in FormFire but is not assigned to a Broker account, the transfer will happen immediately upon confirmation of the transfer request
- If the Client has existed in FormFire for longer than 90 days but there are no Employees in the Client, the transfer will happen immediately upon confirmation of the transfer request
What happens if the Client never confirms the transfer?
The request will automatically expire after the mandatory waiting periods if it is not confirmed. The Client will then have to submit a new request and the process will start over.
Does the old Broker still have access to the Client's data after a transfer?
No. Transfers are permanent. Only the current Broker has access to the data.